Before and after photos:
What I did:
- Got rid of all the junk! Empty bags and backpacks went upstairs where we keep our suitcases... blankets were folded... gym stuff was brought downstairs.
- I added an extra shelf so that we'd each have a shelf, and then we could use that bottom one to put mitts, hats, etc
- Put all the mitts, hats, etc in a basket so they'd be contained
- As obvious as it is for us to know which shelf belongs to who, I still want to add labels to the shelves so that it'll look even more organized :)
- I already had everything, but I just had to buy a basket from Micheals for the bottom shelf ($7)
Why I love this:
- I know this is a successful project since we're actually keeping up with it.
- Everyone's got their own space so there's no question as to what goes where.